Welcome to Stickwick Manor and cottages, set in over 50 acres of beautiful Devon countryside. The three lovely self catering properties near Bovey Tracey on the edge of the delightful Dartmoor village of Hennock are steeped in Devon history and date back to the 1780’s when life took a somewhat slower pace. It's a real family farm cottage business, which has provided guests with happy family holidays for over 30 years.
The grade II listed Manor house, Farmhouse and Cottage offer somewhere special to spend your self catering holiday, the local Devon Inn (Palk Arms) sells wholesome Devon meals and is less than 10 minutes walk away. Stickwick as it's less than 3 miles from the pretty market town of Bovey Tracey, gateway to Dartmoor (film location for Spielberg's War Horse) with it's famous Devon Guild of Craftsmen, House of Marbles and numerous inns and restaurants. The beaches of Dawlish and Teignmouth are within 7 miles; numerous golf courses within ½ an hour's drive and Dartmoor with excellent walking and riding on your doorstep, Stickwick is ideally located.
- Listed Manor House: gracious Grade II listed property – sleeps up to 12 + cots
- Devon Farmhouse: delightful 18th century farmhouse – sleeps up to 7 + cots
- Country Cottage: traditional country cottage – sleeps up to 5 + cot
The farm estate, owned by the Harvey family since the beginning of the 1900’s was once the home to the Hole family who later moved to Parke in Bovey Tracey which is now home to the Dartmoor National Park authority. Staying at Stickwick you can be assured of a spectacular countryside holiday and a real Devonian experience.
There’s fun and relaxation for all ages at Stickwick. Enjoy long walks around or fish at the nearby Tottiford reservoir, have fun around the estate in the play area, rustic play barn, barbeque and picnic area or get close to nature and meet the Stickwick ducks, hens, goats and donkeys.
The Estate properties
Stickwick is a relaxed environment. The Manor house with its sunny aspect has classic Georgian styling with grand reception rooms and spacious bedrooms, perfect for large groups of people as it can comfortably accommodate up to twelve. The adjoining Farmhouse sleeps seven and features a traditional stone inglenook fireplace (can interconnect with the Manor to sleep 19). The Country Cottage (adjoins the Manor) sleeps five and provides real country style accommodation. All three properties at Stickwick can sleep a total of 24 plus cots, across 12 bedrooms with 10 bathrooms (6 ensuite).
Whether you book one property for your holiday, or all of them for a special celebration or group venue, you will find spacious accommodation and spectacular scenery in a wonderful part of Devon.
* Countryside accommodation, peace and tranquillity
* Weekly and short breaks
* Pets welcome
* Beds made up (quality bed linen and guest towels provided)
* Free broadband/Wi-Fi in all properties
* Inglenooks and log burners in 2 properties
* Pretty, sunny garden and acres of space to enjoy
* Plenty of parking on site
* Welcome tray and fresh garden flowers on arrival
* Quaint village pub, serving wholesome Devon meals- less than 10 minutes walk away
* Animals to visit anytime (ducks, chickens, goats, rabbit and 3 gorgeous donkeys)
* Large play area (swings, slide, sandpit, play lawn)
* Large rustic play barn (pool table, table tennis, ride on toys, dressing up box, bats and balls etc)
* Farm/local/homemade produce provided on site, including quality ready meals
* Ideal for special occasions, as the Manor dining room can seat 24 total (14 max on one table)
* Excellent catering facilities (gas ranges, equipment, fridge/freezer space, crockery/cutlery/glassware)
* Ideal for families (free cots/highchairs/stairgates/fire guards). Other baby equipment available to hire Baby/pre-school children essentials
We look forward to your visit.