CELEBRATIONS & GROUPS
Exclusive booking of Stickwick Estate as a unique historical and character venue provides a wealth of facilities, homely comfort and ensures you all leave with many special memories. Ideal for a variety of special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries and small wedding parties) or luxury group venue bookings (family reunions, writing retreats, walking groups, art groups, sophisticated hens and team building).
Luxury group venue in Dartmoor. The three charming properties are interconnecting or adjoining, this allows up to 24 guests to feel as one, yet have the space of 12 bedrooms (beds can be split in the Manor for groups) and privacy of 10 bathrooms (6 ensuite) when required. The jewel in the crown is the elegant Manor dining room with antique mahogany table, which can seat 12-14; however the room can seat 24 with additional tables and inglenook fire place with real open fire creates a unique atmosphere to any occasion.
CATERING WITH EASE
Excellent catering and cooking facilities are provided across the properties, however, you also have the option of bringing in a chef, plus team to prepare, serve and clean away your special meal or simply drop a meal option off to you. Click here for details of local food providers and chefs.
For shorter breaks why not order a local province breakfast hamper or simply let us come in and cook a delicious locally sourced breakfast that we serve in the Manor dining room and clean away; allowing you make the most of your day without the stress of catering for large groups. An ideal option for wedding families and those with a day of activities ahead.
Why not visit the local pub, just 10 min walk into the village, which serves simple meals and offers great old fashioned hospitality and where you (children and dogs) will be welcomed as a local. Click here for details of local pubs
All major supermarkets deliver to Stickwick, ensuring your stay starts with ease.
Take a look – Selena & Tom’s Wedding Video May 2016
BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY GARDEN
The tranquil sunny south facing front garden is shared by the properties and is a wonderful opportunity for your guests to spread out, relax on the teak furniture, mingle and enjoy the country garden and long farmland views with a glass in hand.
Need help organising activity for your group? Wish to explore Dartmoor by foot or electric bike, on a guided tour; prefer the craft options and wish to create the perfect garment or lampshade or maybe something on site such as a murder mystery, yoga or karaoke session, those looking for a bit more bite, how about quad biking, simulated shooting and much more. Just ask and we can make your ideas come to life. Click here for more details
As we are hands on at Stickwick, we can provide many of those extras and help organise those extra touches to make your occasion special. Be it help with mini buses and taxis, decorating a room before your arrival, ordering and collecting local meats, cheeses etc. for that special meal, arranging bouquets of flowers and even ordering and collecting birthday cakes.
Unique qualities about Stickwick Estate as a Special Occasion/Group venue;
- High bedroom to bathroom ratio 12 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms (6 ensuite).
- Elegant Manor dining room, with antique mahogany table (seats 12-14); with additional tables (plus linen) can seat a total of 24, and atmospheric inglenook open fire place.
- Manor and Farmhouse interconnect and Cottage adjoins the Manor, creating the perfect luxury group venue in Dartmoor. Extra day guest functions (above 24 guests) considered, please discuss (extra charges may be applicable)
- Cleaning and bed changing during your stay can be pre arranged for guest changes (extra charge)
- Ample fridge/freezer space, dishwashers, double gas oven range (Manor), oil fired Rayburn (Manor), single gas oven range (Farmhouse) just a few steps away.
- Ample catering equipment including food processor, mixer, blender, saucepans, baking dishes/trays to cater for most occasions.
- Matching cutlery, vintage glassware, candelabra’s, serving platters/plates, white cotton napkins all create a historic ‘Downton Abbey’ experience.
- Chef knives, champagne flutes can also be hired (please enquire), to complete the scene.
- Catering options from a delicious cooked breakfast served in the Manor dining room, meal drop off or invite in a chef and team to pull off that special meal, which everyone will remember.
- Peaceful and tranquil location offering the space and ambience to relax or work.
- Beautiful sunny south facing gardens with teak garden furniture and long farmland views across the countryside.
- Facilities on the estate for all ages, wifi (all 3 properties), farm shop, rustic play barn, play area, outdoor kitchen with fire pit, woodland walk and animals to visit anytime.
- Village pub just 10 mins walk away, serving simple meals when you require a night off (groups please pre book)
- Christmas/New Year – Wonderful celebrations with real trees, artificial trees, decorations and holly included, creating a very festive atmosphere, throughout the properties.
Large car park to the rear of the property (Max 6-8 cars). Large vehicles/Mini buses- Alternative parking on the site may be more suitable, please contact to discuss.
Due to age and Grade II listing of the Manor, there are a number of small steps/level changes throughout the property. Please see our access statement/ask for more details.
We are happy to accept dogs in our properties (2 per property by arrangement). Please note: no enclosed gardens, (but we can usually offer a field to walk in), free roaming poultry and sheep in fields.
Central heating radiators (hall, living room, dining room, 5 bedrooms and all bathrooms), electric panel heaters (2 single rooms), wood burner (living room) and inglenook open fire (dining room), oil fired Rayburn (kitchen- off in summer months)
For full details of what is included, click here
Other Property Details
There’s a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, fridge/ fridge freezer and extra catering equipment (food processor, blender, mixer etc). Plenty of space to store walking boots and for pets to sleep etc. Downstairs WC.
Cots (Wooden drop sided)
We can supply a maximum of 3 cots for the Manor and they will fit in all bedrooms, except Bedroom 7.
3 pressure mounted gates are provided for you to install, where required. As doorways and stairs are very wide, extra blocks are provided.
We provide one very long fire guard for you to place where required.
Other baby equipment is available to hire Baby/pre-school children essentials. Click here for more details
Back door entrance has a low head height of 5.8ft and attic rooms only offer 6.6ft in head height.
Free WiFi internet connection available.