STICKWICK COTTAGE ACCESS STATEMENT
Stickwick Grade II listed Manor, Farmhouse and Cottage, set in 50 acres of beautiful Devon Country side
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Cottage parking is in the garage opposite, which is approx 6 meters from the front door.
- The drop off point is closer at 3 meters from the front door
- Parking for 2/3cars is available
- The route from the garage to the cottage front door (Approx 6 meters)- Garage is concrete level floor, across roadway on tarmac (rough in places), through garden gate onto garden path tarmac (rough in places) to Cottage porch. Approx 14cm step in porch, followed by 14cm doorsill step into Cottage hallway.
- Rear access from garage to Cottage back door (Approx 20 meters) – Garage is concrete level floor, across roadway on tarmac (rough in places), through side gate (hump in surface) at the rear of the property onto concrete, level to back door, but a 6cm sill.
- Front door- up 2 x 14cm steps into the hallway, which is tiled, but with mats.
- The hallway leads to the open plan lounge, staircase and kitchen.
- Rear entrance has a 6cm sill onto a tiled floor in utility area. There is a WC and washbasin off this area on the same level. To access the kitchen a step down of 20cm is required.
Hall, Stairs and Landing
- Front hall – Is level with lounge and kitchen.
- Stairs lead off the hall, which are carpeted. There are 14 steps up the staircase of 18cm in height. There is a handrail on the left hand side.
- Lounge- Carpeted, seating for 5 on sofas/ chairs
- Lighting by pendant and lamps
- Both bedrooms are carpeted and located on the 1st floor
- The master bedroom is the largest room
- Each room has bedside lamps and also pendant lighting
- Each room has low level windows (with safety catches)
- Family bathroom on the 1st floor, accessed off the landing.
- Vinyl flooring – Bath height 52cm, toilet 40cm, and sink 80cm.
- Ensuite shower in master bedroom – 25cm step up into the tray.
- Ground Floor WC (up 20cm step from kitchen)
- Kitchen is located off front hall (same level) and off utility area (down a 20cm step)
- The kitchen is tiled, worktop heights are 92cm.
- There is an eye level oven approx137cm and a microwave above at 177cm
- The crockery is approx 150cm high
- Lighting, pendant/ spot lights
- Seating and table for 6
- Dishwasher under work top
Grounds and Gardens
- Front garden, with tarmac path (rough in places), is laid mainly to grass (un even in places), but with flower borders/beds,.
- The front garden is shared by the 3 properties, but each with its own garden furniture. The garden is enclosed by 2 gates at either end of the garden, but it is by no means secure for dogs/children.
- The Cottage side of the garden is level with the roadway, however at the Farmhouse end of the garden there is a 25cm step.
- Water hazards include the duck pond directly at the front of the property and also a water trough, located in the farmyard.
- The roadway around the property is tarmac (rough in places); the courtyard around the Farmhouse is laid to cobbles and gravel and is very uneven/slippery when wet.
- To the rear of the properties, there is a play area, laid to grass (uneven in places), but access from the roadway is level.
- The games barn also at the rear is accessed off the play area/Manor car park, and up a steep ramp, with limited head room on entry to the barn. The games barn has two levels and the upper level is accessed up 2 steps approx 20cm each
- Dogs are welcome – Owner must take responsibility. Dogs must be kept on a lead around the site and fields.
- Dogs are not to be left in the properties unattended, not to sleep on beds or furniture
- No smoking is permitted with the holiday properties, or games barn
Caretaker Frost Farm – 01626 833266
Fax: Caretaker Frost Farm 01626 833266
Email: [email protected]
Grid reference: SX829 799
Hours of operation: Open all year