STICKWICK MANOR ACCESS STATEMENT
Stickwick Grade II listed Manor, Farmhouse and Cottage, set in 50 acres of beautiful Devon Country side. The Manor is set over 3 floors.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The Manor car park is located at the rear and side of the property
- The car park is a level gravel area, approx 3 meters for the Manor back door, but down 6 steps at 20cm.
- There is ample parking for 8-10 cars. Large cars/buses need to park, the opposite side of the lane to the car park.
- Access from the car park to the back door, starts on the level gravel area, 1 meter to the steps, 6 steps down in all approx 20cm each. The steps are concrete and level. There is a handrail on both sides of the steps and automatic lighting aids the route.
- Once at the back door, there is a step up of 8cm and then down of 16cm. The head height is also compromised at 165cm.
- Level access to the back door is possible by using the drop off point at the side gate located at the back of the Cottage. The distance is approx 7 meters. Off roadway (tarmac), through gate (hump in concrete), onto level concrete apron to back door. Back door step of up 8cm and down 16cm still required.
- Level access is also possible via front door, by using the drop off point at the garden gate at the front of the cottage. The distance is approx 10 meters. Off roadway tarmac (rough in places), through front garden gate onto tarmac path (rough in places) to front conservatory door. Step up of 2cm required, but once in the porch, the majority of the ground floor is level (2 x 7cm steps).
- Back door – Step up 8cm and down 16cm and also head height restricted to 165cm. Into hall onto tiled floor
- Front door – Porch up 2 cm step onto concrete/stone floor, into main front door onto tiled floor
Hall, Stairs and Landing
- The ground floor Hall runs from the front to the back of the property and is level throughout
- Provides access to dining room, lounge, kitchen, utility room, WC, stairs, front and back doors.
- Stairs, landings and upper floor corridors are carpeted throughout.
- There are 14 steps of 16cm up to the first floor (Bedroom 4 Superking ensuite, 2 bathrooms and Ensuite to Bedroom 2). Handrail on the left.
- There are another 4 steps of 16cm to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 (handrail on left) and another 15 steps of 16cm to the 2nd floor and bedrooms 5, 6 and 7 (hand rail on left)
Lounge and Dining Room
- Dining room – Accessed off the utility room or off the hallway
- Wooden floor
- Lighting – lamps, pendant and wall lights
- Seating for 12 at the mahogany table, 25 with extra tables provided.
- Open log fire
- Lounge – Accessed off the hallway
- Carpeted with rugs
- Lighting – lamps, pendant and wall lights
- Seating for 12 on sofas and chairs
- Wood burner
- Utility room – Accessed off the hallway, up a 7cm step
- Ground floor WC (40cm height)- Accessed off the level hallway
- 1st floor Bedroom 4 ensuite – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- Up 4 steps to: 1st floor Bedroom 2 ensuite (down 4 steps) – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- 1st floor Bedroom 3 – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- 1st floor Bedroom 1 – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- Up 15 steps to the 2nd floor
- 2nd floor Bedroom 5 ensuite – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- 2nd floor Bedroom 6 ensuite – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- 2nd floor Bedroom 7 – Carpeted with rugs, lamp and pendant lights
- 1st floor Ensuite (Bedroom 4) Washbasin 80cm, bath 60cm height, toilet 40cm Vinyl on floor
- Family Bathroom – Bath 55cm, with shower over, washbasin 82cm and toilet 40cm, Vinyl flooring, pendant and over sink lighting
- Family Shower room – Shower cubicle (60 x120 ) step into tray 17cm, washbasin 80cm and toilet 40cm, vinyl flooring, pendant and over sink lighting
- Ensuite (Bedroom 2) Shower cubicle ( 90×120 ) step into tray 17cm , washbasin 80cm, bath 60cm height, toilet 40cm Vinyl on floor. (4 private steps up to bedroom 2) • Up 15 steps to 2nd floor
- Ensuite (bedroom 5 + 6 identical) Slipper bath( 70 cm), wash basin (80cm) in bedroom with vinyl floor area. Spot lighting over this area. In cubicle area – toilet (40cm), wash basin 80 (cm), pendant lighting and over sink lighting.
- Ground floor wc accessed off the hall on the level.
- Kitchen – Accessed off the hallway up a 7cm step
- Tiled flooring
- Lighting – spotlights/pendant lighting
- Seating for 10 -12
- Worktops are 95cm, toaster and kettle on worktops, microwave on shelf at 160cm • Range master double oven, gas fuel • Crockery is 150cm high
- Fridge undercounted. (Larder fridge and fridge freezer located in the utility room)
Grounds and Gardens
- Front garden, with tarmac path (rough in places), is laid mainly to grass (un even in places), but with flower borders/beds,.
- The front garden is shared by the 3 properties, but each with its own garden furniture. The garden is enclosed by 2 gates at either end of the garden, but it is by no means secure for dogs/children.
- The Cottage side of the garden is level with the roadway, however at the Farmhouse end of the garden there is a 25cm step.
- Water hazards include the duck pond directly at the front of the property and also a water trough, located in the farmyard.
- The roadway around the property is tarmac (rough in places); the courtyard around the Farmhouse is laid to cobbles and gravel and is very uneven/slippery when wet.
- To the rear of the properties, there is a play area, laid to grass (uneven in places), but access from the roadway is level.
- The games barn also at the rear is accessed off the play area/Manor car park, and up a steep ramp, with limited head room on entry to the barn. The games barn has two levels and the upper level is accessed up 2 steps approx 20cm each
- Dogs are welcome – Owner must take responsibility. Dogs must be kept on a lead around the site and fields.
- Dogs are not to be left in the properties unattended, not to sleep on beds or furniture
- No smoking is permitted within the holiday properties, or games barn
Stickwick Farm Hennock
Devon TQ13 9PR
Caretaker Frost Farm – 01626 833266
Fax: Caretaker Frost Farm 01626 833266
Grid reference: SX 829 799
Hours of operation: Open all year